There’s a Place for you at Holy Cross!
- The Lutheran Church is known for worship services which center around the Word of God and fine musical tradition expressing the faith in the language of the people.
- The Lutheran Church stresses education and provides a strong catechetical program for youth.
- The Lutheran Church is a worldwide fellowship with a strong mission and service ministry to all people.
- The faith of the Lutheran Church is grounded in Holy Scripture the creeds and confessions of the church: a faith which finds stability in often chaotic and troubling times.
- The organization and services of the Lutheran Church are flexible to meet the changing needs of the people and to proclaim the unchanging love of God in Christ.
- The central teaching of The Lutheran Church is the joy of reconciliation between God and people, people and their neighbors through the gracious love of GOD in Christ given as a gift.
- The Lutheran Church does not legislate moral conduct, but seeks the motivation of Christ’s love to help us discover the appropriate shape of love for our neighbors.
- The Lutheran Church is a sacramental church stressing Baptism and the Lord’s Supper as a means of God’s grace and Holy Spirit.
Liturgy of the Word and Sacrament
September-May: Saturday Evening, 5:30pm; Sunday Morning, 9am & 10:45am
Sunday School from September to May.
June, July, August: Saturday, 5:30pm; Sunday, 10:00am
Holy Cross has Family of God, Contemporary, and Intergenerational services.
Holy Week Schedule 2014
Saturday, April 12th – 5:30 p.m.
Distribution of the Palms and Reading of the Passion
Sunday, April 13th – 9:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
Distribution of the Palms and singing “On The Passion of Christ”
Thursday, April 17th
11:00 a.m. – Holy Communion and Stripping of the Altar (sanctuary)
6:00 p.m. – Paschal Seder in Holmin Hall
Reading from the Gospel of John and Holy Communion.
Friday, April 18th
9:00-11:00 a.m. – Good Morning Good Friday
11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.—The Passion of our Lord and the Bidding Prayer
Adoration of the Cross
Easter Services – The Resurrection of Our Lord
Saturday, April 19th – 5:30 p.m. The Great Vigil of Easter
The service of Light, Readings, Affirmation of Baptism and Holy Communion
“Break the Fast” reception after the service
Sunday, April 20th – 9:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. with Holy Communion
Festival Services of the Resurrection of Our Lord
The 9:00 a.m. service will have a special Easter message for Children.
A soundproofed cry room is available in the back of the church for those families that wish to make use of it.
Everyone is invited to a coffee hour after services. If you have any special needs, please advise an usher prior to the beginning of the service or call the church office.
Sunday School from September to May. Sunday morning nursery is available during the 9am service from September through May.
If you would like additional information on our ministries and outreach programs or want to be contacted by the Pastor, please call or contact us: